Future Possibilities - outlandish Fun...updated

Discuss building and using the 3G rotary cell phone kit. If you're seeking help or would like to help others, this is the place to post.
13jwg

Future Possibilities - outlandish Fun...updated

Post by 13jwg »

For those with the appropriate abilities ....why not incorporate ....Steampunk..... :D

Also...A phone can be any number of shapes ...ergonomics are essential though ...a future Star shape would also be interesting.

Caution for the unaware:...all cell phones emit microwave pulses ... keep from continuous close contact with your body ...

Keep up the Good Work Justine & Others....;--)

SteveC

Re: Future Possibilities - outlandish Fun...updated

Post by SteveC »

Some nice ideas, steampunk is not something I want to carry every day but I've seen some amazing examples in my local maker space.
Caution for the unaware:...all cell phones emit microwave pulses ...
This is one of the reasons I appreciate the Rotary Cell Phone. I understand every mm of antenna separation make a significant difference to head radiation absorption although the body of the phone will also be a big radiator, I've run electromagnetic simulations of mobile phone antennas.

If you're interested enough to watch a video about this I recommend a talk by Dr Devra Davis. It is credible presentation of very technical topics in a way lay people can understand.

"The truth about mobile phone and wireless radiation" -- Dr Devra Davis

Safety standards rarely weaken over time.

13jwg

Post by 13jwg »

...Much appreciated SteveC. for the Dr.Davis info .....everyone should watch the video.... :)

*While building those cell systems/stations some years back, my Sr. Engineer advised that if I had plans for a family in the future to ensure that I keep my exposure to a minimum and duration around the transmitters as short as possible.....possible Glioma risk (brain cancer) with cell phones used close to you head....use an earphone or other....;---()

13jwg

Post by 13jwg »

Re: Steampunk .....another cheaper possibility for the person who desires to follow this route may be found in a Vinyl wrap.....

....textures, protrusions, pictures, and further phone case protection are possible (in case of an accidental drop). :geek:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it." - Edgar Allen Poe